Things and activities to do on a rainy day
Kids are often hard to keep occupied when it is raining. If you are looking for rainy day activities then you have found the right site. This page is divided into things for kids to do in the rain and things for adults to do. Check out the following list of great ideas for keeping kids happy when it is raining outside.
The 67 indoor activities may not be appropriate for all ages. For instance, anything involving cooking or other dangers should be done with adult supervision.
- Use painting tape to make an obstacle course in a hallway
- Sing Karaoke – (Use Youtube to find almost any song with the lyrics)
- Play charades
Start learning how to solve the Rubik’s Cube.
- Bring out the board games, toys, Suduko, crossword, and other puzzles
Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies: Everyone loves delicious chocolate chip cookies. When it is raining outside they always seem to taste even better. The best is to surprise family members with the smell of baking cookies
- Print some digital pictures, and do some scrapbooking
- Organize old pictures.
- Use old pictures to teach kids about their relatives
- Make homemade jewelry
- Paint, build, draw, design something
- Indoor egg drop competition. (wrap eggs first to avoid a mess)
- Print pictures and hang them on a wall
- See who can find the most change. The winner gets to decide how to spend it.
- Scavenger hunt
- Have a sleepover
Bowling is a great way to spend a rainy day.
- Billiards – shoot pool
- Table tennis tournament
- Children’s play place
- Indoor rock climbing
- Indoor Skydiving
- Theater for play or Movie
- Art Gallery
- Science Center
- Local Library
- Bake chocolate chip cookies
- New Restaurant
- Day Spa
- The Mall
Adult activities on a rainy day
It is not just kids who are looking for fun things to do on a rainy day. Adults often find themselves wondering what to do when it rains. This list has some of the best and most creative things adults can do when it rains.
Enjoy the list and be safe.
- Play cards
- Take a cooking class
- Take a home improvement class
- Take an online class – many of these are free
- Plan your week
- Plan our life with goal setting
- Develop a family mission statement
- Go get your car serviced
- Organize your digital pictures into folders
- Organize your digital music
- Learn 10 new things about your smartphone
- Do laundry while enjoying a movie marathon
- Start your holiday shopping online
- Go to the Gym
- Workout: Treadmill, Bike, Yoga, Stretching, push-ups, crunches.
- Clean your mind – relax and meditate.
- Revisit that hobby you love.
- Open the windows and take a long nap to the sound of rain.
- Open the window, listen to the rain, and read a good book.
- Stretch for 30 minutes – You will be amazed at how great you feel
- Clean your garage
- Clean one closet in the house
- Clean the Car
- Clean out your pantry
- Watch a movie marathon
- Create and watch your 3 favorite movies
- Watch entire seasons on Netflix
- Watch old reruns on Netflix
- Host a video game tournament
- Puddle search – see who can find the biggest puddle.
- Puddle splashing contest
- Create a water slide in your backyard – Warning dishwashing liquid will kill your fescue grass
- Walk in the rain
- Listen to the rain hitting your umbrella
- Get in your car and take a nap
- Call your best friend from high school