The best things to do in Charleston SC on a rainy day.
If you are in Charleston SC and it’s raining, you are probably looking for what to do. If you want general suggestions for what to do, visit THE ULTIMATE LIST OF THINGS TO DO IN THE RAIN. This post features many of the most popular attractions and places to visit in Charleston. Charleston is an amazing southern city with incredible charm. Our list of things to do in Charleston will help you make any raining day a great day.
- The South Carolina Aquarium – The aquarium is recommended for people of all ages. It offers something for everyone.
- The Charleston Museum – This is recommend for those who have a particular interest in the Civil War. Reviews from other visitors are not high if you have no interest in the Civil War.
- Old Slave Mart Museum – This museum is great for those who want to see where slaves were sold. The museum features lots of reading material and is not the greatest for kids.
- Gibbes Museum features the Charleston Story exhibit, which is a permanent collection that shows Charleston history.
- Tour the Yorktown - This museum is home to a fleet of National Historic Landmark ships and the Cold War Memorial. Patriots Point also houses the Congressional Medal of Honor Society and Medal of Honor Museum. The hangar bay holds vintage aircraft, and if you’d like to try flying yourself, you’ll want to try the flight simulator.
- Historical Charleston City Market This market that sells everything from jewelry to food to sweetgrass baskets. It boasts over 100 vendors and is the perfect place to shop and have a cup of coffee.
Visit one of Charleston’s Mansions.
- The Russell
- The Calhoun
- The Heyward Washington
- The Edminston-Alston
When it is not raining in Charleston, make sure you visit the Angel Oak Tree
- Cooking Class at Charleston Cooks (southern specialties)
- Take a bus tour