Things to do on a rainy day in Los Angeles
Are you looking for things to do on a rainy day in Los Angeles? Whether you live in L.A. or are simply here on vacation. Chances are you are going to find yourself wondering what to do on a rainy day. We have collected many great ideas for what to do in LA on a rainy day.
Bowl and Imbibe at The Highland Park Bowl
1032 N. Spaulding Ave. West Hollywood, CA 90046 310-824-3586
Los Angeles County Museum of Art – http://www.lacma.org/
5905 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036 323-857-6000
The Original Pantry – Pantrycafe.com/
877 South Figueroa St. Los Angeles, CA 90017 213-972-9279
Muvico Theaters – muvico.com
166 West Hillcrest Drive Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 805-496-5487
iFly Hollywood – iflyhollywood.com
Universal Studios City Walk Universal City, CA 91608 818-985-4359
3rd Street Dance – 3rdstreetdance.com/
8558 W. 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90048 310-275-4683
Chado Tea Room – chadotea.com/
The Treehouse Social Club ($9/child for Open Play)
AdventurePlex (under 3 years: $5; 3+ years: $10)
Under the Sea ($9/child for Open Play)
Climb Every Mountain At L.A. Boulders
Things to do on a rainy day in Los Angeles
LIST OF THINGS TO DO OUTSIDE ON A RAINY DAY.
- Find a gazebo where you can sit and enjoy the sounds and beauty.
- Put on your swimsuit and go play.
- Have a rainy day splash contest. Find a big puddle and see who can make the biggest splash.
- Catch raindrops in your mouth.
- Get an umbrella and go outside.
- Go for a walk in a safe place.
Things to do with kids ON A RAINY DAY in L.A.
- Sing Karaoke – (Use Youtube to find almost any song with the lyrics)
- Play charades
- Bring out the board games, toys, Suduko, crossword and other puzzles
- Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies
- Print some digital pictures, and do some scrapbooking
- Sort old pictures. (this can help kids know their relatives)
- Make homemade jewelry
- Paint, build, draw, design something
- Indoor egg drop competition. (wrap eggs first to avoid a mess)
- Print pictures and hang them on a wall
- See who can find the most loose change. Winner gets to decide how to spend it.
- Scavenger hunt
- Have a sleepover
Things to eat on a rainy day in L.A.
- Homemade pizza
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Make dinner and dessert for your sweetheart
- Homemade fondue
- Order pizza or your favorite takeout
- Homemade smoothies
- Bake and decorate a cake
THINGS TO DO FOR OTHERS ON A RAINY DAY IN L.A.
- Write a love letter
- Write a poem to your kids/parents
- Write someone a thank you note
- Write someone a note to say you were thinking of them
- Call your grandparents or the oldest living person in your family
- Call an old teacher
- Call your mother or father
- Call a friend you haven’t connected with in years
- Groom your pet or take it to be groomed
- Teach your pet new tricks.
- Bake homemade treats for your pet
- Compete with family members to gather things to give to a charity
- Find something you really like, but haven’t used in a month and give it away
PLACES TO GO ON A RAINY DAY
- Art Gallery
- Science Center
- Local Library
- Billiards – shoot pool
- Table tennis tournament
- Children’s play place
- Indoor rock climbing
- Indoor sky diving
- Theatre for play or Movie
Food and shopping
- Bake chocolate chip cookies
- New Restaurant
- Day spa
- The Mall
Learn a new skill on a rainy day
- Take a cooking class
- Take a home improvement class
- Take an online class – many of these are free
Productivity when it’s raining
- Plan your week
- Plan our life with goal setting
- Develop a family mission statement
- Go get your car serviced
- Organize your digital pictures into folders
- Organize your digital music
- Learn 10 new things about your smartphone
- Do laundry while enjoying a movie marathon
- Start your holiday shopping online
Exercise, Renew and refresh
- Go to the Gym
- Work out: Treadmill, Bike, Yoga, Stretching, push-ups, crunches.
- Clean your mind – relax and meditate.
- Revisit that hobby you love.
- Open the windows and take a long nap to the sound of rain.
- Open the window, listen to the rain, and read a good book.
- Stretch for 30 minutes – You will be amazed at how great you feel
- Clean your garage
- Clean one closet in the house
- Clean the Car
- Clean out your pantry
Passive activities on a rainy day
- Watch a movie marathon
- Create and watch your 3 favorite movies
- Watch entire seasons on Netflix
- Watch old reruns on Netflix
- Host a video game tournament